HERE IS WHAT IS GOING ON...
- Puppy’s eyes and ears are closed
- 3 senses are working—touch, taste, and smell (NOT FULLY DEVELOPED)
- Puppy communicated by whining or crying his pain or discomfort
- Puppy's temperature is not regulated to that of a mature dog, which means they are unable to tolerate a cool environment. The temperature must be kept warm, we use heating pads.
- Clementine has to stimulate the puppy's ability to either urinate or defecate on their own. Puppies of this age are incapable of this without the mother's help.
- The puppies main focus is to find warmth and food.
- NO teeth yet, but their nails are developed may even need trimming in the first week of life!
"The puppies main activity at this time is to search out nourishment from their mom and sleep. Newborn puppies sleep most of the time, often twitching in their sleep and move only to reposition their body. Twitching occurs because at this point in their young lives, they sleep is the REM stage, a stage characterized by high brain activity. Beyond that, they have little interaction with littermates or the environment other than to huddle close to littermates and mom for warmth."
CLEMENTINE'S LITTER IS ALL SPOKEN FOR...BUT COCO CHANEL IS UP NEXT! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK WITH SANTA ROSA SHIH TZU PUPPY ABOUT ADDING A NEW FAMILY MEMBER TO YOUR HOUSEHOLD DON'T HESITATE TO CALL OR TEXT AT 804.335.4452, OR EMAIL US AT PEACESTAYGOLD@AOL.COM!